Managed Services Business Development Manager
Location: city center, Central Singapore SG
Job Number: 5310
Managed Services, Business Development Manager, ASEAN
Our client is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. Our customers look for ways to improve their deployment via excellent customer experience, and often times want to augment their cloud deployments with sophisticated new capabilities. While doing so they also want to reduce complexities and costs, and this is done by transforming their operational and financial business models.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) for the MS offering. The BDM will be responsible for defining, building and deploying effective and targeted programs to accelerate broad based sales and business development activities. The BDM will facilitate the enablement of business development, sales and solution architects with specific customer centric value proposition about MS and will directly interface with the MS product management and development teams regarding customer and partner requirements. The BDM will work closely with business development, sales and partner teams to position our service for customers and partners, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners can achieve with the service.
In addition, the BDM will define and drive a process that the organization will follow to accelerate sales and partner-management engagement on MS customer and partner opportunities. The BDM will synthesize data and information gathered from these engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and support teams, including senior management.
The BDM will work with business development, sales and solution architect teams to track, prioritize and close customer engagements that would benefit from the service, and collaborate and coordinate cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate. The BDM will work closely with Business Practices and Cloud Economics teams to establish programmatic ways to drive more scale of adoption via constructs and a nomenclature (e.g. ITIL) that make sense for Enterprise customers and the business.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large Enterprises and Enterprise partners. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing and managed cloud services to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses and the business process changes required to adopt cloud technology at scale. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, ITIL, and has done market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations, and has a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to selling to Enterprises and Enterprise Partners.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Define, build and deploy enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around the MS offering;
· Engage, support and scale business development and sales teams to be capable of delivering the MS value proposition to enterprise customers and partners;
· Exhibit proactive ability and expertise in setting customer discussions via our sales and partner teams;
· Exhibit cloud managed services expertise and experienced handling and scaling sales campaigns with enterprises and enterprise partners;
· Exhibit expertise and drive field and partner readiness for enterprise customers;
· Engage in senior level (CxO) customer meetings to discuss customer’s business issues and explore how MS can address and resolve these issues.
· Serve as an evangelist for the new service within our company, and externally
· Develop a standard market intelligence framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by our Sales, Business Development and marketing teams
· Establish metrics to measure and track related to adoption of the service, and field seller awareness with a continual focus on improving the approach based on those measurements.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics
· The right person will be analytical, and possess 5-10 years enterprise selling outsourcing or managed services, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry at the enterprise level
· Solid enterprise stakeholder management, negotiation, business, and financial analysis skills
· Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insights to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business;
· Experience with, and detailed knowledge of enterprise managed services market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
Job Number: 5310
Community / Marketing Title: Managed Services Business Development Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: city center, Central Singapore SG